Wednesday, June 04, 2003

My legs are killing me! Maybe I was running through someone's mind all night. Or maybe it's just that I ran yesterday. I woke up this morning and couldn't believe how sore they were. I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to go running again tomorrow morning.

I was hoping that I could use my friend Pete, I mean his hot tub tonight and that would help, but he has the nerve to have other plans. Which is probably for the best because I really need to do laundry tonight. And finish up Father's Day shopping. And get a bow to use on Chips's wedding present for Saturday. Yawn.

I did get quite a bit of shopping done last night, however. Got Dad a shirt for Father's Day. Probably look for some socks tonight. Boring, but that's all he could come up with, and I need to get it taken care of now. Plus got a present for Becky's wedding. You know, the one I'm going to miss for Trixie Camp! And I finally got a copy of The Rescuers only two weeks after it was released on DVD. Finally saw one. As well as The Love Bug two disc set. That one's on it's way from deepdiscountdvd.com, but they want $4 more then Wal-Mart wanted! So I blew it there, but figured it would cost more to ship it back. I so can not wait to see that movie again and watch the special features. I love it!

I have a first. I recorded nothing from TV Land and don't plan to watch anything when I get home tonight. Just reading. BTW, guess I forgot to warn you to be sitting down so you didn't get hurt from fainting at the news. Sorry about that. Of course, I'd rather be hanging out with someone. Maybe Marcus will actually come home tonight.

Something else I bought last night were two new swim trunks. I desperately needed to replace the ones I had. Now I'm anxious to go swimming, but Pete says he won't be up to it tomorrow, so I'm not sure when I'll get to go. Not that the weather makes we want to jump into a pool. Who do I know who has a hot tub....

All this talk about Seseme Street leads me to a confession. I bought their Christmas CD off half.com a couple months back. I know they've added at least one song to the record we had when I was a kid because the song has Elmo on it, and there was so such thing when I was a kid. I can't figure out if it's just an add-on or if they replaced something to do that. Either way, I'll be enjoying it in 6 months or so.

That's the great thing about this group. None of us have ever truly grown up and we get that about each other.

Ending today copying a forward I got from someone at work. I thought it was histerical, hope you do, too.

Subject: History

In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth and populated the Earth with broccoli and cauliflower, spinach, green, yellow and red vegetables of all kinds, so Man and Woman would live long and healthy lives.

Then using God's great gifts, Satan created Ben and Jerry's and Krispy Creme Donuts.
And Satan said, "You want chocolate with that?" And Man said "Yea," and woman said, "and another one with sprinkles." And they gained 10 pounds.

And God created the healthy yogurt that woman might keep the figure that man found so fair.
And Satan brought forth white flour from the wheat, and sugar from the cane, and combined them.
And woman went from size 6 to size 14.

So God said, "Try my fresh green salad."
And Satan presented Thousand-Island Dressing and garlic toast on the side.
And man and woman unfastened their belts following the repast.

God then said, "I have sent you heart healthy vegetables and olive oil in which to cook them."
And Satan brought forth deep fried fish and chicken-fried steak so big it needed its own platter. And man gained more weight and his cholesterol went through the roof.

God then brought running shoes so that his children might loose those extra pounds.
And Satan gave cable TV with a remote control so Man would not have to get up to change the channels.
And man and woman laughed and cried before the flickering light and gained pounds.

Then God brought forth the potato, naturally low in fat and brimming with nutrition.
And Satan peeled off the healthful skin and sliced the starchy center into chips and deep-fried them. And man gained pounds.

God then gave lean beef so that man might consume fewer calories and still satisfy his appetite.
And Satan created McDonald's and its 99-cent double cheeseburger. Then said, "You want fries with that?" And man replied, "Yea! and super size'em."
And Satan said "It is good." And man went into cardiac arrest.

God sighed and created quadruple bypass surgery.
Then Satan created HMOs.

No comments: