Wednesday, July 20, 2022

A Game Afternoon

(Just a quick note:  If you are landed here because of a comment I left on your book blog, you might be more interested in my review blog, Carstairs Considers.  But you are very welcome to stick around here, too.)

A couple weeks ago, I got a text from my former roommate Josh.  (Second former roommate Josh for anyone keeping track.)  We'd texted recently that he and his wife had bought a house back on my side of town and they'd like to hang out sometime.  But this text was inviting me to a monthly game afternoon.  I hesitated for a few reasons, but I decided I really wanted to go.

And I had a great time.  They were the only people I knew when I arrived, but that wasn't really an issue.  We played a couple of different games that were fun.  I even was on the winning team twice.  Plus, it was fun to catch up with them.

This is going to be a monthly thing they are hosting, and I'm already looking forward to going back next month.

No comments: