Thursday, July 14, 2022

A Festive Fourth

(Just a quick note:  If you are landed here because of a comment I left on your book blog, you might be more interested in my review blog, Carstairs Considers.  But you are very welcome to stick around here, too.)

I had a good 4th of July.  Of course, I'd gone paddle boarding that Saturday.  (So far, haven't missed a weekend).  I would have had to pay to park and launch if I went on a holiday, so I skipped that on the holiday itself.  But my friend Ginger invited me over to hang out with her family and friends.  It was mostly family.  And it was nice.

Nothing too exciting.  Mainly just hanging out and chatting.  It was chilly for us for the 4th (mid-80's), but people still got in the pool.  I'll admit, I didn't spend long in there.

Since I go to a small church, I've known most of her family for years, but it's been nice getting to hang out with them more.  This is the third time I've gone over there on a holiday this year, so we are building more friendships than just saying "Hi" in church.

No comments: