Thursday, May 12, 2022

Library Book Event

(Just a quick note:  If you are landed here because of a comment you left on my bookish post, you might be more interested in my review blog, Carstairs Considers.  But you are very welcome to stick around here, too.)

In the second half of April, I got to go to another book signing.  This one was at one of the libraries here in town.  I had been two years in the making since it was originally supposed to happen in 2020 just after we all went into lockdown.  I don't think I'd heard about it then, so I'm kind of glad it didn't happen.

The author was J. R. Sanders.  He writes historical mysteries set in Hollywood, and the story of the first book actually takes his characters to the town where I life.  As a result, he was talking about some of the real places here where he set stuff, which was fun.

Naturally, I bought both of his books, although they sound like they are going to not be quite what I normally read.  Still, I'm looking forward to reading them...someday.

There was a street event just a couple of blocks away that night, so I went and hung out there for a bit, too, afterwards.  Sadly, it won't work to go visit it on a regular basis, but I was glad I popped in to see what all was going on.

No comments: