Friday, July 02, 2021

Summer Time!

 It's summer!  Time to celebrate with a dip in the pool.  I know it's been hot all over the country.  It's certainly been hot here in So Cal, but I don't feel like it's been that much worse than usual.

Work continues to drive me crazy.  I keep thinking things will slow down, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Since my last post, I got to enjoy a wonderful Memorial Day BBQ hosted by a friend.  We ate.  We played spike ball (sometimes in the sprinklers) and we ate some more.  It was a generally fun day.  It helped that the person I teamed up with for Spike Ball and I went undefeated.

We went into the sanctuary at church this last Sunday for the first time.  It was getting much too hot under the tent.  Although they added misters under the tent, and it was surprisingly cool under them, as I learned after the service was over.  I think it would have been fun out there, but that does mean watching it on a big screen TV instead of in person.

As we are getting out of the pandemic, the stress is really beginning to get to me.  I can tell.  Normally, when I get this moody, I can hide it better than I am these days.  Hopefully, things will ease up soon, or I will get a break of some kind that will help me continue, but with a much healthier level of stress.

No comments: