Friday, June 14, 2019

Summer League Game 2

We had our second summer league ultimate Frisbee game Wednesday night.  It was the same result, only better.  What do I mean?  We lost, but we lost 13-15, which is just over double our score from last week.  We had 9 guys show up instead of the 8 we had last week, too.

The one thing that is frustrating is that we were up almost the entire game.  We took half at 8-6.  Then they came back and tied it up.  We aren’t completely sure what the score was at that point, but it was either 13’s or 12’s.  We went with 12’s.  As you can see, they score 3 points to our 1 after that.

I’m sure the fact that they had more subs helped them.  Especially since it meant I was out there on D.  I hope we get a few more subs so I can play more offense than defense.

However, I’m not complaining about getting more playing time.  I’m getting more than I’m used to, and I’m definitely not complaining about that.

I didn’t have any drops or throwaways last night, although one throw was close.  There was one disc thrown to me that fell short.  I could have run to it, but I thought it was going to make it to me, and then I lost it in the lights.  By the time I saw it was going to be short, I couldn’t get there.  If I’d been running harder toward it, I might have been able to get there, so that is frustrating.

We’ve been playing at the fields where Summer League was played for years.  (Don’t remember if I mentioned this last week.)  It was nice to be there for a nostalgia point of view.  And it is really nice to be there since it is a shorter drive than where the majority of our games are these days.  However, the gophers have taken over the field.  It’s why we stopped playing there.  We won’t be there anymore this summer, and I won’t miss the gophers at all.

No comments: