Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Two Weeks of Bowling

I’d gotten caught up on my bowling league, and then I suddenly found myself two weeks behind again, so let’s fix that.

I had an excellent week on the 2nd.  I actually got there in time to take a few deep breathes, so I was ready when we started bowling.  My scores reflected it, too, since I bowled 142, 180, and 141.  I was very pleased with those scores.  This is especially true since I really bowled four and a half games that night.  One of my teammates didn’t show up, and so my teammate and I took turns bowling for her.  What was funny was we both had great games, but her scores the first two games didn’t break 100, which is actually fairly typical for her.  The first game, we bowled a 150 for her, which was better than our individual games.

Last week, I didn’t fair quite as well.  I was stressed from work that day and thinking about the busy day I’d have the next day (and it was; I was at work until 8 PM).  But my scores were at least consistent even if I didn’t hit my usual average.  My scores were 118, 115, and 122.  I’m definitely happy that my final score was my best.

This Thursday is the final, at least for this season.  With how attendance has been, I’d be surprised if they do it again, but we shall see.  My team is currently in fourth place, and I don’t see a way we’d win, but I’ve enjoyed my teammates and getting to interact with people on the other team, so from that standpoints it’s definitely a win.

No comments: