Friday, February 17, 2017

A Month of Bowling

Yes, I’ve still been bowling for the last month.  It’s still a bit hard to get there at 5:30, but it is nice to have a reason to leave at 5 and get into work a little earlier.  More importantly, I’m still having lots of fun.

My scores have been averaging 137, but I want to point out that is an average.  My high (from four weeks ago) was 180.  I have a couple of games where I’ve been lucky to break 100.  Being consistent would be nice.  But I will take these scores.  Especially that 180.  And, since my team was in third going into last night (rankings haven’t been updated yet), I’m happy overall.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling this is the last bowling league my work will sponsor.  There have been big issues with people showing up, and the poor person who organizes it is always scrambling for subs.  One week, my team and the team I was playing were both down a person.  Of course, we got done very quickly that week.

So I am savoring it will I can.

No comments: