Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Tournament Time

I really had a good time at the ultimate Frisbee tournament on Saturday.

For one thing, it was nice to be here in town.  I knew where I was going right away, and I didn’t have to worry about that or even really worry about traffic getting there.

We as a team were more relaxed as well.  We were finally more focused on having fun instead of winning.  It helped us with our win on Tuesday night last week, but it didn’t help us with the tournament.

We lost our first game, which was expected.  We were 14th playing the 3rd ranked team.  Actually, everyone was surprised when we were up by 2 at one point before finally losing by 3 or 4.

We won our next game, which was a surprise, and quite handily.

Then we lost the final game.  We played a short game and fell behind and couldn’t catch up.

But with the more relaxed attitude, it was fun.

And, while the weather was hot, it’s wasn’t overbearing.  I mean, this is August in So Cal, so we should expect it to be hot, but last year’s tournament was definitely hotter.

I even stayed longer at the party than I usually do.  I was chatting with some people I’d met that day from other teams.  I was having a great time, so I stayed and talked.  I just wish they hadn’t turned up the outside music since it made it hard to do that.

Of course, I went to my ultimate pickup game on Sunday.  There’s no such thing as too much ultimate, right?

No comments: