Friday, July 08, 2016

Business Trip to Tennessee

One reason for no posts last week was that I was out of town.  Last Tuesday, I headed to Nashville for work.  It was time for our bi-annual inventory, and I went to visit the clinics I work with.

There are four in the Nashville area, and I got to hit up all four of them.  It’s always nice to put some faces with the names of those I work with on a regular basis but have never met.  And the work isn’t that bad because it’s something different.  Plus we spend some time looking at financials.

Since I was working most of the time, I didn’t get to play tourist too much, but I did get a little bit of that in.  The first night, I drove by the Grand Old Opry.  One night, I had dinner with a Trixie friend and her husband.  And I left late on Friday, so I had time to go to The Hermitage, Andrew Jackson’s home, for a few hours.  I also drove by the state capital building and walked around the Parthenon.  I would have loved to be able to go inside, but I needed to get back to the airport for my flight and it would have cost money.  Next time, right?

Plus I got to eat at Cracker Barrel.  I’ve heard about the restaurant for years, so that was fun.

And I finished 3 books on the trip.  It’s a wonder what hours of uninterrupted reading time while on planes will do for you, isn’t it?

I got back in time for a nice, three day weekend, so all told I was out of the office for a week.

No comments: