Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Day in DC

I was out of town for much of last week.  I started out by flying across the country on Wednesday, so I could spend a day in Washington DC.  Yeah, there is so much more to see than you can possibly see in one day, but that was all the time I really could spare.

I was also spending that time with Trixie friends.  Wednesday night, I had dinner with Jenn and Mary.  Then Thursday, Jenn was my tour guide for the day in the city.  Annette joined us for the morning, which included a tour of the Capital and then some time in the Library of Congress.  Next, we met up with Aleta for lunch at the American Indian Museum before Jenn and I went to the American History Museum.

Yeah, we managed to crowd in quite a bit, didn’t we?

The downside of the day was that it was raining, and I thought I was getting sick.  Fortunately, I bounced back so I wasn’t feeling sick the rest of my trip, but it did put a damper on the day.

The down side of all this was that they were working on much of what we saw.  There was scaffolding around the outside and the inside of the Capital.  They were relocating exhibits in the American History Museum.

Still, it was a lot of fun and good to spend the day there.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Way too much to see in DC. All the monuments, all the Smithsonian museums (American History Museum and Air & Space are my favorites, but their all amazing), Arlington Cemetary (it's a must see) and of course all the government stuff. I've only been in the summer when it's hot and humid. So much to see. So much to do. That's not factoring sites that are within a reasonable drive (like Colonial Williamburg ... Can't recommend that enough) and many of the homes of the Founding Fathers.