Thursday, March 03, 2016

Wedding on the Mount

The day before Valentine’s Day, I went to the most unusual wedding I’ve been to.  It was up on the top of a mountain.

My friends Luke and Sarah decided to take that day to make it official, and they wound up having access to a shack near the top of a mountain here in So Cal.  Fortunately, we were having warm weather, so snow wasn’t a factor.  I’m not sure I could have made it up with snow.

No, it’s not because I don’t have chains for my car (although I don’t).  It’s because we had to hike 3 miles and a 2000 foot elevation gain to reach the location for the wedding.  And I went up and back in one day, while most everyone else spent at least one night there.  Fortunately, there was very little snow on the trail, although there was a tiny bit around.

Not being a hiker, that part wasn’t my favorite part of the day, but the view once we got up to the top was absolutely beautiful.  Words can’t describe how nice it was, and I’m so glad I was able to go.

Also, it was nice to go for my friends.  With the venue where it was, the guest list was small, and I’m very honored I was included.

The ceremony was short yet nice.  It wound up being a bit later than planned, so I wound up having to leave as soon as we took a group picture so I could make it down before dark.

Definitely a day I will remember for quite some time to come.

No comments: