Monday, January 18, 2016

Quick Trip to Florida

Wow, I’m falling behind on life, and I’ve actually had stuff going on to talk about.  For example, the day after I drove back from Christmas with my family, I flew out to Florida for work.  The advantage of being the staff accountant for that part of the country, right?

I went to visit with two of my clinics in the Fort Lauderdale area.  I was there for inventory observation and some financial statements training.  It was a very fast trip.  I flew out on Tuesday and back on Thursday, working all day Wednesday.

The time spent working was good.  I got to meet with everyone I work in that area, which was good.  They were all very friendly and I feel like things went well.

I did get a little time for fun, too.  Tuesday night, I met up with a friend for dinner.  This was a friend I made 10 years ago at Epinions, but I’d never met her in person.  It was fun chatting face to face.  After dinner, she took me to a church that puts on a wonderful Christmas light show.  It was truly amazing.

Then Thursday, before I left, I made it to the beach for an hour.  It would have been nice to spend more time there, but a little bit was better than nothing, right?

It was a lot of travel for the work I was able to do, but that meant lots of reading time as well, so I’m not complaining about that.  My connecting flights on both days I flew were delayed, and I wound up getting home at 10:30 on New Year’s Eve.  I made it to midnight, but just barely.  I crashed and crashed hard.

No comments: