Friday, June 05, 2015

Summer League Begins

First week or June, and that means it is time for Summer League to start, right?  I’m in the co-ed league this year, and our first game was Tuesday night.  Unfortunately, it could have gone better.

I got there just as the game was about to start, and we were down a woman, only having two instead of the 3 minimum.  But it didn’t look like it would be an issue for us.  We started out by getting several points and before I knew it, it was 3-1.

Unfortunately, the other team finally began to get things figured out on their end, and at half, it was 4-8.  And they then scored seven in a row to finish the game at 4-15.

Of course, when the score is that bad, I don’t feel badly about playing.  It’s not like it is close and everyone out there is making mistakes.  I only really had a chance to get the disc once, and the person I threw it to didn’t get it.  I thought they’d get to the disc in time, but her defender was able to get to it first.  Oh well.


We played together fairly well.  We just couldn’t quite execute.  Everyone seems nice, so I think we’ll have a good season.  I just hope we win a few games along the way.

No comments: