Friday, July 25, 2014

Two More Wins

My ultimate Frisbee team has had two more wins!  One was Thursday night two weeks ago and then one a week ago on Friday night.  Neither was a close game at the end, although the one last week started out with us trading points until we started to pull away.

Unfortunately, that was also the game where I made the most contribution, and it wasn’t that good.  I had several discs thrown to me that I just couldn’t catch because they were badly thrown.  And one I could have caught, but I thought someone else was going to collide with me if I did.  In truth, he wasn’t close enough to be an issue.  Then I got scored on a couple of times.

But we won, and that’s all that matters.

So we are now 6-1 and in second place, but only because we lost to the team in first.  We play again tonight, and this is the one team we played while I was on vacation with my family.  That was an easy game, but it sounds like they were missing a key player.  I’ll be interested in seeing how it goes tonight.

No comments: