Thursday, January 02, 2014

Sick for Christmas and New Years

Yep, I’ve been sick.  It started on Christmas Eve, of all the good days of the year.  I woke up with a runny nose and a cough and just not feeling great.  Finally, after I’d been up for a couple of hours, I took my temperature.  Yep, I was running a fever.

My fever climbed the rest of the day, but it went down when I took some pills.  It never climbed as high again, although my fever didn’t truly break until Friday evening some time.

But I still had the cough.  I was getting better, and I thought I was on the tail end of it, until I woke up on New Years Day.  The cough was worse than ever.

Not that I let that stop me from playing ultimate Frisbee for three and a half hours yesterday.  It was 75 degrees – how could I resist?

But I paid for it last night.  I woke up at 3:30 coughing and had a really hard time going back to sleep.  So I went to the doctor today before work.  The doctor couldn’t hear anything, but she did give me an inhaler.  Hopefully that will open up my airways so I can knock out this cough and get back to normal.

No comments: