Sunday, May 13, 2012

Weekly TV Recap for May 13th

I am posting this last this week in honor of Mother's Day.  Yeah, that's the ticket.  It's not that I was too busy and forgot yesterday and then I decided to finish up Friday's shows before posting.


Once Upon a Time - What a great episode.  While Emma is still reacting a bit too quickly, at least she got some sense knocked into her.  Now, if she'd just believe in the curse, maybe we could start getting somewhere.  I loved their twist on Snow eating the apple.  And I love how Henry ate the turnover to prove to Emma it was poisoned.  Hopefully, there's a way to counteract it.  Will Emma's kiss be enough or would we need someone else?

The Amazing Race - Yeah, big brother is off my screen.  Frankly, of the teams left, the team I was rooting for did win, and that was after they lost time by missing the last road block.  However, I really was tired of all the teams fighting or the Border patrol agents acting like they were all that.  Seriously, guys, give it a rest.

Castle - That was pretty much what I hoped for from the previews and what they promised with those previews.  The scene between Beckett and Castle in her apartment was powerful.  And completely true on both ends.  And Beckett and Castle together?  I certainly hope they keep them together next year and don't break them up right away for some reason.  Meanwhile, I wonder how they will bring the team back together since just about everyone seems to be mad at everyone else.  And Captain Gates?  She was absolutely correct in her action.  Not around much these last few episodes, but her scenes here were spot on.

Survivor - So, I guess Tarzan just bought himself an extra couple of days is all.  Frankly, I'm not that sorry to see him go.  I just wonder if Alicia and Christina realize they are now done for as well.  It will be interesting to see who wins.

Big Bang Theory - Of course, we can't have a normal wedding on a TV show, and this one was a riot.  The speeches the friends made were hysterical.  And, yes, that last scene was touching.  A great send off, literally a figuratively.  Looking forward to next season.

Fairly Legal - I've got to admit, I actually enjoyed that episode.  Ben wasn't a complete jerk, and the cases were fairly interesting.  And just when I was about to give up on it.

Common Law - Okay, so I probably should have seen the killer coming earlier than I did.  But I loved the episode overall.  It was funny - very funny - and a decent enough mystery.  Yes, things felt dragged out thanks to the longer nature of the episode, but I will definitely turn in again next week.  And the fact that the therapist is from Lost and FlashForward certainly helps.

Nikita - Oh boy, are we in trouble now.  Overall a good episode, and I saw the cliffhanger coming from a ways away.  I'll definitely be interested in seeing just how they get them out of this mess.  At least we know a new season is coming in case this one ends with a cliffhanger.

New TV on DVD Reviews:

No comments: