Thursday, July 21, 2011

Two Ultimate Games

I've already played two ultimate Frisbee game this week.  I'm planning to go to my pick up game tonight.  Hopefully, it goes better than the league games have gone.

Monday night was our regularly scheduled game.  Tuesday night was a make up for the game where we showed up and the lights were off.  We played that game at the same field, but they actually had the lights on for us.

Neither game went well.  The first one was 17-12 and the second was 17-7, or something like that.  We just can't seem to get our act back together after having a couple of weeks off.  I do think that's definitely hurt us.  We're missing one of our strong players, too, so that's not helping.

Personally, I feel like I have been contributing when I've been on the field.  Yes, I've been beaten a time or two on D, but I've always stuck with my man and shut his down a couple of times.  And both games have seen me actually get the disc and pass it on successfully, along with a drop or two.

Of course, with as badly as we've been playing, my mistakes aren't the focus of things.  Everybody's been making lots of mistakes, so it's hard to blame any one person.

And you can tell it in our attitude.  We seem to have given up.  I know I have.  It's hard to be upbeat when you keep getting beaten by those kind of scores.

We still have one game to make up, but our official game for next week is back to the beginning of the roster, meaning we'll play teams we've already played.  Those first few games were close.  Maybe we can come up with a win against one of them and start turning things around.

No comments: