Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Great Easter Weekend

I had a great Easter weekend, mainly because it was calm and restful.

After being in Palm Springs for over a week, my parents were here in town for the weekend.  I took Friday morning off work (had the afternoon off for Good Friday), and they came over.  We went for a walk so I could show them my 3 mile run route.

That night was the Good Friday service at church (obviously), and the choir was doing 4 songs.  I was fairly comfortable with one of them - the one where the Basses had the melody most of the time.  I managed to fake my way through the others without people knowing when I was singing and when I was faking it because I couldn't find my note.  This whole singing harmony is hard, especially if you aren't used to doing it.

Saturday we went down to Glendale Centre Theatre to see Big River.  Met up wtih Angelique down there.  This play is a musical version of Huckleberry Finn.  I'd seen it once before, but it had been a long time.  I really enjoyed it, once it got going.  I'm not sure Mom was super impressed with the play itself.  As always, they did a great job.  I love seeing plays there because it is so intimate - you feel like a part of the action.  Sadly, the matinee we went to was hardly full at all.  If the last couple of plays we'd seen there hadn't been packed, I'd be worried.  I think it was just the holiday weekend that kept people away.

Sunday was church and a great service.  My church is finishing up a series on Mark, and our pastor planned things out to naturally be in Mark 16 that morning.  Actually, the study we've been doing for the past few months on the trial and crucifixion made this last week much more meaningful to me.  After church, it was lunch at Souplantation and then games at home.  We even Skyped with my brother, sister-in-law, and niece.  Okay, so my niece was on the screen most of the time, but we talked to all three of them.

No comments: