Tuesday, November 16, 2010

FIR Reading Question #8

Holy cow!  Are we 8 weeks into Fall Into Reading?  I'd better get reading faster.  Anyway, here's this week's question and my answer.

Where do you get the books you read? Are you a faithful library patron? Or maybe a bookstore junkie? Do you exchange books with friends or family members?



I used a library almost exclusively as a kid, and if I went back to that, think of the money I would save.

I am a book buyer.  I will buy books anywhere and everywhere.  Used books?  Yes.  On line bookstores?  Yes.  Chain bookstores?  Yes.  Independent bookstores?  Yes.  Really, I will take books wherever I can get them.

I used to buy two or three books for every book I read on average.  You can begin to see the problem.  I am out of room in my condo and still buy books.  I could stop buying books and not run out of books I hadn't read for at least a year.

However, I have cut down some on the books I buy.  Might be more like 1 to 1.5 books bought to every book read.  I still don't feel like I'm catching up on the books around my place I want to read, but it's better than it once was.

4 comments:

Jon said...

Dude, you just need a bigger condo, is all. If books aren't overflowing your shelves, you're not living right.

Mark Baker said...

I love the way you think. If only my finances allowed it.

Jon said...

Probably a little tougher to upsize in So. CA than here in Idaho. When I bought my last house, I made sure it had plenty of room for library expansion. I have a 12x18 room with floor to ceiling shelves, plus one down the middle. Acquired some more shelves last night, and will be moving the middle shelf to the side a bit to accomodate them.

Mark Baker said...

So jealous now.