Friday, April 24, 2009

Anxiety and Frustration

Saturday night, I got the official word. One of my roommates is moving out here in a couple of weeks. Frankly, I'm not surprised. He's in a one year program here at the college, so I figured he'd move on after he graduated.

Talking to my other roommate Sunday, I found out he will most likely move closer to his college sometime this summer.

Honestly, I thought I was doing pretty well with all of this. In fact, at one point on Sunday, I actually thought to myself, "Maybe I have learned to trust God through the roommate searching process." (Now my new friends Josh and Joe might feel differently since they heard me talking about it Sunday night.)

And at some point Monday it hit me hard. By the time I left work, I was frustrated that I still have to have roommates at my age and very worried about where I would find them and how it would all work out this time around.

Then I opened the book Respectable Sins, which my career group Bible study is going through. And what was one of the chapters we are discussing tonight? Anxiety and Frustration.

My first thought was "Why this week?" Then I just started laughing.

I'd like to say that I will conquer these two sins with the help of the book. But I know me too well. At least I got the excellent reminder I needed at the right time, however.

Now to remember it every day of my life.

2 comments:

Eowyn7 said...

Count your blessings, friend. At least you're not still living with your PARENTS at MY age!! :-)

Michael Roe said...

Thanks for the good reminder mark and for your transparency. God has been teaching me a similar lesson through seminary this semester.