Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Playing Catch Up Again

Wow, can't believe I've let two weeks slide between life blogs.

Especially since not that much exciting is happening right now.

Let's see, I've finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I thought it had some flaws, mainly the same as the previous books, ie. the length. But overall I enjoyed it.

A week and a half ago, I went to a book signing for Her Royal Spyness, the first in a new series by Rhys Bowen. I finished the book yesterday and really enjoyed it.

And I went to see two movies this weekend, Bourne Ultimatum and Underdog.

First up was Bourne Ultimatum Friday night. I went to the late show with both my roommates. We all enjoyed it, they more then me. I let the shakey camera work get in the way of completely loving it, but that was really the only flaw. Made it worth watching the first two to get to see that one.

Then Saturday, I went to a matinee of Underdog. I couldn't decide if I would enjoy it or not based on the previews. One time I thought I would, the next I wouldn't. Which means the movie pretty much met my expectations I guess. I was okay, but nothing that great.

And as long as we're talking about pop culture (which pretty much seems to be all I am talking about right now), I also watched the new Babylon 5: Lost Tales DVD. I really enjoyed it, too. It was nice to be back in that universe. Yes, I wish that more of the characters had been there. But considering how disappointing the movies often were, this one was quite good.

So what else has been going on.

Last week's Bible study was different. We were low on staff and youth, so we took them to Starbucks, hung out, and played a game. We would have a group of three were one person would tell a true story about themselves and the other two would have to lie. I was the truth teller, and no one believed my story, either.

Then there was my ultimate game last night. We lost again, although this time we managed to get 7 points before they got 15. Tonight's this week's game.

And speaking of ultimate, I went down to play on the beach in Santa Monica Sunday. Clint came along, too, and I think he regretted that because he was ready to go long before I was. By the time I took a quick dip afterward, we were there for three hours. It was a little windy, but the temperature was very pleasant.

Speaking of which, it's cooled off here. Only in the high 80's or low 90's. While I like hot weather in the summer, my electric bill was so high this month I'm not really complaining.

No comments: