Friday, July 16, 2004

What a Day!

Last night at ultimate was disappointing to say the least.  We had our first lost in a close game.  Final score was 17-15, but we were ahead, then they were ahead.  We were tied at 15.  Not only that, but the other team was a bad winner plus some on our team were more frustrated then they should have been.  And on a personal note, my body wasn’t cooperating.  My hip and leg were hurting a little.  No idea why, but it made me not want to run, therefore I didn’t want to play.  Which was probably best with such a close game.  This way they can’t blame me for the loss.
 
Today made up for it, however.
 
When my door bell rang this morning, Jim and Dan were standing on the doorstep.  After giving them a quick tour of my place and dropping off Dan’s stuff, Jim left for his next destination, and Dan and I headed out.  Fortunately, my boss gave me the day off, and we headed down to the happiest place on earth.  We met up with Angelique just inside the gate at Disneyland.  She was ready and waiting for us since it was my turn to be late.  And we were off for a day of fighting the crowds and having fun.
 
It’s been quite a while since I was in Disneyland in July.  It’s much more crowded then when I usually go in October.  Still, we managed to hit all the major rides.  While Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain are still closed, we had a blast on Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, and the Matterhorn.  I especially enjoyed Haunted Mansion since it’s been a couple years now since I was on it when it wasn’t decked out for Christmas.  And we made Dan ride in front on Splash Mountain.  Somehow, I don’t think he minded how wet he got.  It’s been hot!  Angelique was even nice enough to let us hit Star Tours twice.  I sure wish it didn’t make her motion sick.
 
I really wish I’d remembered my camera, however.  We were just coming off Small World (I dragged them on it, but Dan seemed to enjoy it anyway), when we met someone from the park.  They were getting ready for the “Parade of the Stars.”  This current parade includes groups of guests.  Since I had wanted to do this in October but we didn’t get it, I was quite enthused.  The best part, however, was how we got involved.  They included guests in various groups like the characters from the “Dance of the Hours” segment of Fantasia.  Angelique and I got a cape like the alligators have.  And Dan?  He wound up in a group of hippos, complete with little pink tutu.  It was a riot.  Sure wish I had a picture of that to share with you all.
 
Well, the day just flew by and the three of us had a blast.  We didn’t even make it to California Adventure.  So we’ve invited all the Bob-Whites back to enjoy that.  Of course, it looks like we’ll have to get in line.  If they visit everyone again like they’re talking about doing, it could take years.  And they do have lives, too.  I also promised Dan that when they come back, we’ll hit Magic Mountain here in Valencia.  While he enjoyed Disneyland, I think he’d enjoy a day on major roller coasters more.
 
I took Dan to pick up his rental car after we left the park and then we came back to my place.  I think my roommates are a little impressed that we have such an important guest crashing on our couch tonight.  We hit the hot tub for quite a while.  It felt good on our tired legs.  Now I think we’re both ready to crash.  Especially since Dan has to leave early tomorrow.
 
I’m sending greeting to all you lucky people at Trixie Camp via him.  Now that I’ll be green all weekend.

No comments: