Thursday, August 27, 2020

Update

It's been HOW long since I posted here?  Wow!  This is going to be my worst year yet at keeping up to date.

Of course, part of that is because there isn't much to actually report.  Like most of the world in 2020, I've been hanging out at home mostly.  Back in March, I started working from home.  I've been at my kitchen table for work ever since.  This is the first time I've been working from home, and I have found I like it.  Even though I had a small commute to begin with, (at least by LA standards), I definitely enjoy not having to drive too and from work each day.  It can be frustrating getting help from co-workers in a timely manner at times, and files don't load quite as quickly, but those are the only real frustrations.

And I'm still working.  I have to keep reminding myself of that fact.  I'm working for a company that has really been impacted by the shut downs, and there have been massive layoffs.  Everyone but me in my sub-department of accounting was laid off at the end of June.  I was shocked about that since I have been here the least amount of time.  But I'm the one they chose to keep.  I have a feeling it has to do with what I handled.

Part of me is honored by that, but part of me isn't sure I want the honor.  With so few people around, it is hard to make sure everything gets done.  And they aren't cutting us any slack and still expecting us to produce the same quality work they did before.  I get it, accounting and numbers are important, but on the other hand, it's just so much work to do.

I'll try to get back to updating a bit more often.  Not that there is much going on on a day to day basis, but I will try to find something.

No comments: