Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Squeezing In a New Couch

I’m falling behind again, aren’t I?  Let’s see if I can catch up.

For example, the first weekend of October, my new couch arrived.  I’d ordered it the beginning of September, and I was told it would take 6-8 weeks, but it arrived in 4.

The reason it was going to take so long?  I was going for the upgraded foam, which was firmer.  I was thinking of the couch lasting longer that way, but the result is a couch that is a little too firmer than I wanted.  I’m kind of regretting that, but I’m sure it will be better – eventually.  Meanwhile, my back is getting a little better very slowly.  My old couch was so far gone it was killing my back.

But when it was delivered that Saturday, it made for an interesting day since I had plans in the morning (Hallmark Ornament Debut), lunch with a friend, and then dinner and a play at Glendale Centre Theatre that night.  Fortunately, they delivered the couch first thing in the morning, so I was able to get on with my day without any complications.

And I had a good rest of that day.  It was nice to catch up with my friend over lunch, and the play was a lot of fun that night.  It was Guys and Dolls, which I’d never seen before.  I’m not sure I agreed with the morals, especially at the end, but it sure was a lot of fun, and they did an amazing job with it as always.

No comments: