Monday, October 26, 2015

Gladiator Rock n Run Rose Bowl 2015

I am going to catch up this week.  Really I am.  (Of course, I held off last week so I’d have stuff to post this week.

Anyway, back on the 17th, I took on the Gladiator Rock n Run for the second time this year.  This time was at the Rose Bowl.  Sadly, they only had the 5K course this time, not the 10K option that I’ve done in the past.  Still, it was fun to be back since I skipped it last year for that stupid Slime Run.

I did this with one of my friends from ultimate Frisbee, Nate.  This was his first mud run, and we both had fun.  There was the usual variety of obstacles, a little light on the mud since this is mainly around the Rose Bowl on the streets of Pasadena.  But there was enough to give him a feel for getting muddy, and he’s talking about doing one with me again in the future.

The thing that killed me on this was the stairs.  We start by running into the stadium and going up the down the stairs three times.  I was fine doing that.  I could tell my legs were shaky later, but I felt great all day on Saturday.  Sunday, I woke up and my legs were killing me.  I played ultimate that afternoon hoping to loosen them up, but it didn’t help.  It was late Tuesday afternoon before they started to feel significantly better.  Just in time for a run Tuesday night, in fact.

Before next year, I must start doing stairs as a workout.  I climb the stairs at work and at home, but never that many at once, which was my problem.

No comments: