Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Great Trip Home

As I mentioned yesterday, I had a great trip home this last weekend.  My niece was performing in her first ballet recital on Saturday, and I was thinking about going up to visit anyway, so I timed it appropriately.  I couldn’t connect with my friends Donald and Heather on the way up, but that worked out well since I was able to go over and spend some one on one time with my brother and his family that night before heading to Mom and Dad’s for the night.

And then Saturday was the big performance.  She was so cute, and she had a blast doing it.  Yes, it was what I expected from first year ballet students who are 5 and 6, but that doesn’t matter.  She loved it.

After that, we went over to my brother’s for a BBQ lunch.  Family drifted off at various times, but my parents and I stayed until after the kids were in bed and played games.

Sunday, my brother and his family actually left for a vacation, so I spent the day with Mom and Dad.  We played games and headed up to a local man made mini-lake.  I ran around it while Mom and Dad walked.  It was a nice, relaxing day.

Monday, on the way home, I was able to connect with Donald and Heather for lunch, so I go to see them, too, which was wonderful.  Their young daughter is so cute!  It makes conversations a little since they get interrupted, but that’s the stage of life they are in, and I’ll take any visit I can get.

No comments: