Monday, July 28, 2014

Party Friday Win!

You know, I'm having trouble coming up with new post titles for all the wins this season in summer league.

IT'S WONDERFUL!!!!

Summer league has started doing what they call Party Fridays.  A couple of Fridays during the summer, more than two teams play at the same time.  They then get some pizza after the game, and everyone hangs out and talks more than normal.  It started last year, and it's kind of fun.

Friday night was the first, and my team was playing.  We were playing the team from the one game I've missed when I was on vacation with my family.  That game was a decisive victory for us, so I was looking forward to playing this team.

We had our normal number of players show up (a full line of seven and six subs).  They had...seven.  Of course, I've seen close games with rosters like that, so I never take anything for granted.

This time, it was not to be.

I think the final score was 17-6.  Yep, not even close.

Not that I did my part to help.  I managed to get open and get the disc several times, but a couple of times I threw it away or the other team got it.  When I did complete a pass, I always made my team work for it more than I wanted.  Yep, nerves.  I really need to calm down and throw.  I know how to do it, but the nerves always come since I want to prove myself.


And we're playing again tonight.  Can't wait to get back out on the field!

No comments: