Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Mostly Quiet Fourth

Last weekend was a three day weekend.  And how did I celebrate?  Wild and crazy person that I am, I didn’t do a whole lot.

Friday, some friends invited me over for a BBQ, so I spent most of the afternoon and evening with them.  We watched a couple of movies with their kids and played with them some, and meanwhile we chatted and caught up on life.  It was a great time to just relax and enjoy each other’s company.  We didn't try to go see any fireworks, although we did hear some illegal ones the neighbors were setting off.

Saturday?  I didn’t leave the condo all day.  Do I know how to party or what?

Sunday was the usual – church and my ultimate Frisbee pick up game.  Actually, I should point out that I started the long weekend with my other usual pick up game on Thursday night.  Lots of ultimate going on these days, just like I like it.


Now it’s back to work for a full week.  At least today I feel like I’m making progress with my assignment.  When I left work yesterday, I wasn’t sure I had it, but it all clicked into place today and the help I’ve gotten from co-workers has made that even more obvious.  It feels great.  Hopefully, I’ll still feel that way when I get into work tomorrow.

No comments: