Friday, May 23, 2014

Home for Mother's Day

Yes, I really do intend to catch up at some point.  Let's start with my trip to visit Mom for Mother's Day.

I actually hadn't been home since Christmas, so it was good to get up there and see everyone.  I drove up on Friday, and got to see Mom, Dad, and my niece right away since they had her over for the night.  Saturday, Mom, Dad, and I went for a hike at a county park I had never been to before.  Sunday was Mother's Day as well as the day my nephew was dedicated at church.  It was really special to get to be there for that.  Finally, Monday my brother and his family joined up for a trip out to the beach.

As you can see, we kept plenty busy with fun stuff to do, and I really did enjoy just getting to relax and spend time with them.  My uncle and aunt came up Sunday as well, and it was wonderful to see all of them.

I drove back on Tuesday.  It was a great trip, but it just wasn't long enough.

The down side is that my nephew was sick while I was there, although he was definitely getting better by Monday, and none of the rest of us got sick, so that was a good thing.

No comments: