Tuesday, May 21, 2013

End of Beach League

Believe it or not, I made it to the final two weeks of beach league.  There was the regular week, in which we had two games – and the finals week, where we had a three game round robin tournament.

And we finished off with a win!  Our first win.  That’s right, out total for the entire season was 1-12.  I don’t know if I should be happy we finally won a game or if I should be upset we broke our perfect record.  We could have ended at 0-13!

Unfortunately, I set out to score one point in the final game, and I missed my chance.  Once, I was over thrown.  The other time I fumbled it.  For the most part, I felt like I contributed about like I normally do on a team.  Very little touching the disc and mostly okay when I do.

I’ve played ultimate both Sundays at pick up as well, and those weeks have been great.  Lots of fun, and I have scored lots of points, too.  Where is that guy when it comes to leagues?  (Being guarded more closely, unfortunately.)

I’ve now got summer league starting up in a few weeks.  Hopefully that will go well.  I’d really like a team with at least a 50% win record.  That’s all I really ask.

No comments: