Friday, May 03, 2013

Beach League Update


So, I’m not running about a week behind with the fun things I meant to blog about.  And the first of those is ultimate Frisbee beach league for last weekend.

My team is now 0-6.  We are the only team to have a record with an 0 in it.

The games were both close.  We were even up by 4 in the second game before the other team came back to beat us.  It was so frustrating.  Of course, it didn’t help that we were all getting tired and someone had to leave at half time of that game.  Really, 3 and a half hours is a long time.

But it is still fun.  My legs felt stronger this week than two weeks ago, so I was happy about.  And my knee felt great the entire time.

The weather was wonderful, too.  The wind picked up for the second game, but was light for the first.  The sun was shining and it was warm without getting hot.  Of course, running around did make me hot, but I felt like I didn’t have to bundle up when I wasn’t on the field.

Afterward, my friend Luke and I jumped in the ocean.  It was a tad cold, but we warmed up quickly.  Of course, I had to do it since I was heading to Glendale Centre Theatre to meet another friend for a play.  And the play was wonderful, too.

All told, last Saturday was plenty of fun.

No comments: