Friday, January 20, 2012

You are What You Bowl

That's been my taunt to those I am bowling with on Wednesday nights as they go for a turkey.  Of course, I then congradulate them if they get it.  Well guess what?

I bowled my first turkey on Wednesday night.

I'm sure it was at least partially mental.  I would get two strikes in a row and then miss horribly when going for the third.  But this time, I walked up there and bowled it.  I was extactic.  Even more so when I managed to take first in that game by less than 10 points at the end.

It was a good night overall with my high being 171 in the fourth game.  Yes, that's the game where I bowled the turkey.  My average for the night was 131, so as you can see, I had a couple games where I barely made 100.  I haven't been quite as on as I was last year, but I'm still having fun and beating everyone overall at the end of the night, so I'm happy with that.

Oh yeah, and I bowled a turkey finally!!!!

No comments: