Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What's on My Nightstand - January 2012

I can't remember the last time I participated on What's on My Nightstand as hosted by 5 Minutes for Books.  I'm not sure exactly why I stopped; it just dropped off my radar.  So let's fix that, starting this month.

What am I currently reading?  Mr. Monk on Patrol by Lee Goldberg.  Set after the TV series ends, the book finds Monk and Natalie visiting Disher and Sharona in New Jersey trying to hold solve a string of robberies.  It's a hoot, but I figured it would be.

Next up will be Stay at Home Dead by Jeffrey Allen.  It's a cozy starring a stay at home dad.  Since it's rare to find cozies written by men or with men as the main character, I do try to support those when I can.  I've been hearing great things about it, so I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

6 comments:

Trish said...

Oh my gosh, I am so glad you posted - I watched the entire Monk series on Netflix last year and am going to find that book immediately!

Thanks for joining in again. :)

Trish from 5MFB

Mark Baker said...

This is actually the 13th Monk novel. A couple were turned into episodes, but all of them are great.

Unknown said...

How fun! Thanks for joining back in.

Mark Baker said...

You're welcome.

Cassandra said...

I didn't know Monk was a series of books. Cool! It's a fun tv show.

Happy reading!

Mark Baker said...

The books are a slightly different take on the characters, but are very good in their own right.