Saturday, January 21, 2012

Weekly TV Recap for January 21st


Once Upon a Time - You know, I wasn't that impressed with this episode, probably because it felt like filler.  Maybe that's why I was most interested in the fairytale story, it really played with the familiar story and turned it on its ear.  I loved how they changed why Hansel and Gretel were in the forest and made the Evil Queen even more evil.  That was interesting.  But those last few minutes?  Who is that stranger and what is he doing in town?  I can't wait to find out next week.

Castle - And a much more serious one.  The case itself was good and I loved how they solved it.  But I'm left wondering who is the guy who called Castle?  What is his stake in all this?  It seems he wants Beckett alive for some greater purpose instead of just trying to save his own hide.  I'm intrigued, but as I write this I'm also a little worried that the conspiracy part of the show might be too great and ruin what is essentially a fun show.  Honestly, I'll keep watching anyway because I find the show fun week in and week out.

White Collar - I've always said this show was well acted but WOW!  Tim DeKay's performance tonight was outstanding.  His obvious concern, so close to losing it for most of the hour, always right under the surface.  I hope the Emmys were watching because I doubt you'll find a better performance anything.  The rest of the episode?  Very well done.  Didn't see the twist coming about Neal potentially being free so soon.  Does that mean by the end of the season?  I wonder how they will play the fall out from this secret coming out now.  And where is Sarah in all this?  So many great places to go from here, and I can't wait to see it.

Royal Pains - Again, they didn't wrap up things all in one episode but are planning to carry the storylines out over several.  I'm glad to see that even if I like resolution.  However, I do feel like something happened with Paige's dad that must have been cut.  I really would like to know what it was.  And I really wasn't a fan of the divorce party, I mean it was a clever joke on weddings, but since it's so serious, that isn't something that should be joked about.

Wipeout - All I have to say is after they were the only ones to finish round three, it would have been wrong for the Winter Brothers not to get all the money.  I'm so glad they won.

The Big Bang Theory - I saw some articles talking about the "twist" to this episode, so I was expecting it to all be hypothesis, as the title suggests.  Still, it was fun, although I may never play Catan the same way again.  I'm curious where they go with it next week or if they ignore it.  Oh, and I know there were supposed to be all kinds of references to the pilot, but I didn't catch any of them, probably because I have only seen it once or twice and that's been over a year now.

Chuck - I liked this one better than last week's episode, although that cliffhanger makes me wonder why I am running a race next Friday night instead of staying home to watch Chuck.  I mean really, what was I thinking?  And you know what my favorite part was?  Jeff and Lester, the guys I used to hate.  The scene where they saved the day was absolutely hysterical.  I hope I like how they end things next week.  I really, truly do.

No comments: