Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Palm Springs Weekend

My parents are in Southern California for about a week and a half right now.  Their first stop was Palm Springs.  There's a trailer park there they love because the pools are fed from hot springs.  The water is always bath water warm - absolutely perfect.

So I took a couple days off work to join them.  Actually, on Friday, I drove by the location for Tough Mudder on my way.  So it added an hour or so to my drive, but I feel much better knowing where I will be going in five weeks.

Saturday, we headed up to Yucca Valley to visit with my friends Stephen and Natalie and their kids.  It's been a couple years since we did that, so it was great to see them.  We ate lunch at Sizzler and were there for quite a while.  Then we headed over to their house for a little while to play some games.

Sunday we just hung around the trailer swimming and playing games - mostly Rummikub since that is Mom's favorite.  It was a nice relaxing day.

But the wind started coming up Sunday night.  It howled all night Sunday and was blowing strongly when I left on Monday.  Once I out drove the wind, I actually hit a little rain before I made it back.  It had been in the 90's Saturday and Sunday, and wind also brought cooler temps with it.

All told, it was a good visit.  They'll be here this weekend, and we've got lots of fun stuff planned as well.

No comments: