Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Home is Just a Place to Lay Your Head

At least that's how it was for me this last weekend.  Actually, I was home pretty much all night Friday night.  It was the calm before the storm.

Saturday, my friends Josh and Beth were moving, so I spent most of the day helping them.  At least from 10:45 or so until 4PM.

At 4, I left to go to Vroman's for a book signing.  I'd actually been there last Sunday for the launch party for John Vorhaus, one of my ultimate buddies.  This week was the new stand alone from Lisa Lutz.  She was fun as always, although some of the "banter" between her and her co-author on this book seemed a bit harsh.  You know the teasing that goes too far.  Angelique showed up as well.

Anyway, since my friend Luke lives about three blocks from the bookstore, I hung out with him afterward.  We went to a good burger place and then back to his apartment.  One of his friends from work was there, too.  It was a nice evening all the way around.

Sunday saw me up and going to church like normal.  After church, I ran home to change clothes and grab some clothes for ultimate Frisbee before heading over to Josh/Beth/Joe/Erica's for a bring you own lunch.  (They all live in the same apartment complex now.)  As I expected, I was there until time to go play ultimate Frisbee.  After the game, I rushed home, showered, grabbed dinner, and then headed back for our usual Sunday afternoon hang out time.  Yes, I saw lots of them this weekend.

I was aiming to get several reviews written and some other stuff done at home this weekend.  Obviously, that didn't happen.  And I don't regret it for a minute.

No comments: