Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Moving Help Again

This week was my third move of 2009. Fortunately, it wasn't mine. In fact, none of them have been mine. (I'm not going to talk about how much I appreciate not having had to move in the last few years so I don't jinx anything.)

In this case, my friends Nick and Jenny were moving back to Santa Clarita from Pasadena. They are gone all summer, so they won't really be back until Fall, but I am so excited to have them in the same town as me again! Sunday, I met up with a bunch of their family in Pasadena to get their stuff into trucks. Then we had to unload it here in town. Between church and hanging out with Joe in the evening, I wasn't home all day. But it was fun. Well, as much fun as you can have when working hard. They hadn't quite finished when I left, but it was close.

Saturday was a very lazy day. I actually slept in. Then I got up and did pretty much nothing. Well, I did play catch up on the TV recorded on my DVR. I left to play ultimate down in Van Nuys. Then I came straight home, played some Mario Kart on the Wii and watched more TV. Really exciting stuff, right? You want to know the sad part? I felt like I could have taken a nap all day. Man, I was so tired. Actually, I was tired both days. It was scary how close to falling asleep I came driving back from Pasadena on Sunday.

So what did I do last night? I went to Magic Mountain, of course. I was taking pictures for Sue Ann Jaffarian's "How Odelia Spent Her Summer" photo contest. I have enough for a photo essay, so we'll see what I actually send in. Pretty much, I walked around the park taking pictures of various things. Nothing too exciting. I only rode a couple of the rides. That's the advantage of having a season pass, right?

And no, one of them wasn't Terminator: Salvation the Ride. Like almost all their rides now, you can't carry anything on the ride with you, so I would have had to pay to rent a locker. Plus it was a 45 minute to an hour wait, and I really wasn't up for that last night. But I will go back and ride it soonish.

No comments: