Monday, February 18, 2008

More New Stuff

It's funny all this is happening at once, because I had planned this weekend's purchase for a couple months. I bought a new couch!

Keep in mind I've had the same couch since I graduated from college. And it was rather old when I got it used. So this is a major step for me.

I had planned to take advantage of the President's Day sales all along, so Saturday, I went out. I went to one store and bought one. I looked around there, but it wasn't like I went out to every store in the area to see what I could find.

It's tan, with almost velvet material. The material really isn't velvet, I'm sure, but it is sorta like that. The cushions are very think at the moment, but I have a feeling they will compact soon.

One of the major reasons I hadn't bothered was because I didn't know what to do with my old one. But I called the local garbage company, and they will be coming to pick it up on Wednesday. Fortunately, I don't have to be home for that. Unfortunately, I have to have it on the curb between 6 AM and 7 PM, which I guess means I will put it out tomorrow night with a sign that it will be picked up on Wednesday and hope for the best.

No comments: