Monday, August 27, 2007

Parental Visit

Part two in my catch up posts.

Two weekends ago, my parents came for a visit. And we had a great time.

They actually arrived in town Thursday night, but they got here late and I went to youth group. However, they called me to get the phone number of the place they normally stay. They were at a trailer park they'd stayed at before. We remembered liking it, but they sure didn't like it this time.

Fortunately, they were able to get into the usual place after all, so they moved Friday.

And I took off work early Friday. Unfortunately, we spent some of that time setting up camp at the new park. But still.

Friday night, we went to see Beauty and the Beast. The local theater company was putting on the Disney Broadway version. I had managed to get us front row seats. They were great, and so was the play. I can't wait to see it next month with Angelique when Glendale Centre Theatre does it.

Saturday, I took them down to Santa Monica. I go down there all the time, but never with them. We walked around on the Boardwalk then down the path for a while. It was a tad too cold for Mom, but I thought it was a great day.

Sunday, we went to church in the morning. Then we took Jason and Kristen out for lunch. Who are they? My mom's counsin's grandson and his new wife. They go to my church. I don't know them too well, but it was a nice time. Then we went back to the condo and hung out for the rest of the day.

I gave Dad his birthday present while they were here. That was a mistake. I gave him a Mexican Train Dominoes set. And Mom keeps winning. She won almost every game we played, and we played lots. I keep saying I will find something to give Dad for Mom's birthday.

No comments: