Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Returning to Normal

Or at least what passes as normal for me.

Mom and Dad left Saturday to head back home. And did I mention all the stuff they did around the condo. Not only did they clean, but Dad cleaned out the stuff that had accumulated in my room that needed to go to the garage. Including the extra mattresses for my bunk beds. Plus he rearranged stuff in my room and hooked up the new to me TV. My room looks so nice right now!

This new TV was my grandmas. I've been meaning to get it from Mom and Dad's but keep forgetting. It's newer then the one I was using in my bedroom, which means a remote will work with it. Unfortunately, the original remote got lost. But Mom and Dad got me a universal remote. Can I tell you how wonderful it is to be able to adjust the volume from across the room? Yes, I'm lazy. :)

The down side of the TV is that the picture is dark and I can't figure out how to adjust it. It's annoying, but I can deal. Why? I have a TV that accepts cable and works with a remote!

Sunday, the youth had a car ralley. They had to follow various clues to locations all over town and do tasks at each one. Think of it as a mini Amazing Race. I knew I wouldn't be up for driving and doing the tasks with the kids, so Kurt put me at one of the locations. From what I could see, everyone had a great time.

I worked six hours each two days last week, and I've put in eight hours both days so far this week. I am definitely recovering faster this time around. Last time, it was April before I was back to work full time. And I have just barely enough vacation time left to cover the two days I'm taking off after Thanksgiving.

God is good. All the time off I've taken this year, and I haven't missed a penny of pay. That's pretty miraculous right there.

No comments: