Tuesday, July 27, 2004

My message Sunday

Since Mary asked so nicely, I thought I'd share the basic outline of my message from Sunday wtih you.  :)

The verses are all from I Samuel 17.  So here are 7 reasons that God was able to use David to defeat Goliath.

1) David was where he was supposed to be.  Both working in the field as a shepherd and then running an errand for his father.  (vs. 17, 23)

2) David was upset when God was shamed. (vs. 26)

3) David followed his conscience and not his peers.  Or in this case, his brothers.  (vs. 28-30)

4) David didn't let his age stop him.  (vs. 33-36)  And he was probably under 16.

5) He had abilities God had developed elsewhere.  (vs. 36)

6) His faith was in God and not his ability.  (vs. 37, 45)

7) David thought creatively.  After all, I don't think a sling shot had entered anyone else's mind when facing the giant.  (vs. 39, 40)

So there you have it.  I did promise the bare bones outline, didn't I?

No comments: