Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Wonderful Thanksgiving Weekend

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend with my family.

I headed up north Wednesday afternoon.  I’ve left then for years, but I was surprised at how light the traffic was.  Usually, it’s flowing but crowded.  It was actually pretty typical for a non-holiday time, and I hit no real traffic around towns like I was expecting.

I spent four full days up there with them.  Thursday, my brother and sister-in-law hosted Thanksgiving like they usually do.  It was them, their two kids, me, my parents, my sister-in-law’s parents, and a family friend.  We’ve been doing this since they moved back to California, so we have it down.  It wasn’t nothing super fancy, but it was a great time of all being together.

I spent Thursday night with them, and had a great time playing with my niece and nephew on Friday.

The rest of the time, I spent at Mom and Dad’s.  Naturally, my brother and his family were other there so I still got to see them.  We played games and just hung out.  It was very nice and relaxing.

I drove home yesterday, avoiding the worst of the traffic on Sunday by doing so.  In fact, there wasn’t really any bad traffic on Monday, so I sailed right through both ways.

No comments: