Tuesday, July 02, 2019

Summer League Game 4

You never quite know how many people are going to show up the week of the 4th of July.  There are holiday plays plus there’s a big ultimate tournament in Seattle every year.  (Or at least there used to be.  I haven’t heard anything about it this year.  Not that I ever tried to go.)

Last night, we had…7.  And we play with 7 on the field.  You can see what that means – lots of playing time.  We were on the field the entire time.

I was actually very impressed with how we did considering we were savage.  We took half at 8-6.  Sadly, the fact that they had 3 subs and we didn’t have any wore on us in the second half and we lost.  I thought the score was 10-15 at the end, but it got officially reported at 12-15.  I’ll take it!  Especially since that three point loss is equal to the three extra people they had.  Imagine if they had been savage as well.

I score one of our goals, too!  They were poaching like crazy, and I was able to take advantage of that at one point to score.  Unfortunately, I made up for it by dropping a pull (a bad turnover) and dropping another couple of throws.  Plus a few throws to me were too low or just out of reach and I missed them, too.  Still, I scored a goal!  I’m going to focus on that.

No comments: