Thursday, May 09, 2019

Disappointing Beach Tournament, but Wonderful Weather

Saturday was the end of season tournament for spring beach league.  We went into the tournament in 3rd place.

And finished in sixth.

Of course, part of that is because everything comes down to the tournament.  We don’t get to count anything that happens in the previous weeks toward our ranking.  And we lost both of our games, so we wound up in sixth.

They were both close games, so that much isn’t disappointing.  We just didn’t manage to pull it off and blew leads in both games to wind up losing.

However, the weather was wonderful for a change.  There was fog when we got there, but that burned off early and we had sun and some warmth by the time we were playing the second game and by the time we left.  I couldn’t have asked for a nicer day weather wise.

And I know I say this every year, but I need to go to the beach more often.  It is absolutely beautiful down there.  It is a shame I only go during beach league season.  I’m thinking I may go down for some pick up again this summer.  Haven’t done that for a few years.  I just need to confirm times before I do since I will definitely be going with traffic on a Sunday afternoon in the summer.

No comments: