Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Straight No Chaser in Concert

I have been a fan of Straight No Chaser for years, but I hadn't made it to a concert.  When I saw they were going to be down in Hollywood at the end of the month, I debated long and hard about going.  I tried to get some friends to go, but since it was the Friday after Christmas, they were all busy.  Finally, I decided heck with it and got a ticket.

I'm so glad I did.

Yes, I was up in the cheap seats, so I didn't have the best view, but I still had a ton of fun.  It's obvious they enjoy what they do, and they had us laughing much of the time.  And the songs were wonderful.  Then again, that's no surprise since I love their CD's so much.  Honestly, I could have sat there for twice as long.  And maybe they would have gotten to all the songs I wish they had done.

And yes, their version of "12 Days" was their first encore.  And they changed it up a little, which had the audience in stitches.

After the concert, I joined the line of people who wanted autographs.  I was surprised the line to get autographs wasn't longer, honestly.  It took a while for them to come out, but once they did, the line moved quickly.  It helped that no one was allowed to take pictures, of course.  Still, it was fun.  I was glad I had brought their most recently CD with me for them to sign.

The concert was in Hollywood, so I did something I rare do and spent a little time as a tourist beforehand.  After all, I was half a block from Groman's Chinese Theater, and across the street from the El Capitan.  I enjoyed that quite a bit, too.

The only downside was how cold it was that night, and I was spending time outside.  I suspect that might have been the final straw in coming down with a mild cold, too.

No comments: