Monday, January 14, 2019

A Merry Christmas

Well, I have a few things to catch up on around here, don't I?

Yes, I went home for Christmas last month.  And I had a wonderful time, which is no surprise.  Unfortunately, my friends in Fresno were sick, so I didn't get to see them, but that was the only disappointment.

I drove up on Saturday and back on Wednesday.  I certainly wasn't lonely on either stretch of the trip, although traffic was pretty good.  It seems like the traffic south was worse both times, but it was horrible when I was going north.  I'm very thankful for that.

And I got time with my family.  I saw my parents the most since I stayed with them, but I did get time with my brother and his family.

The highlight for me was getting to give my niece almost all of the Trixie Belden books she didn't have yet.  He had books 1-6, and I was able to give her all but two of 7-34.  That was thanks to my Trixie friends, who really came through when I asked if anyone had extras.  I was overwhelmed with the response and so thankful.

No comments: