Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Fantastic Weekend Home

I was able to head north to visit my family over the Labor Day weekend.  Thanks to getting to leave early on Friday and the day off Monday, I was able to spend two full days up there without taking any vacation, too!

It had been hot down here, but it was just as hot up there.  That meant we spent the weekend at my parent’s house, which has AC.  Well, we did go to church Sunday morning, but you know what I mean.  Anyway, we played lots of games both days.  Didn’t really do too much else, but it was just fun getting to hang out and spend time together.

On the way home Monday, I was even able to meet up with my friend Donald for lunch in Fresno, which was great.

Traffic was sluggish the last 60 miles or so, but it wasn’t as bad as I feared it might be.

I’m definitely ready for another visit.  They are just way too short.

No comments: