Monday, April 27, 2015

Playing Around

Yes, I’m slightly backed up on posts here.  We need to finish talking about April 18th and 19th.

You see, I wasn’t content to just go to the LA Times Festival of Books both days.  I also went to plays both nights.

Saturday night, I went to see Dear Ruth at Glendale Centre Theatre.  It’s a romantic comedy set during World War II, and it was fun.  I’m not sure how I feel about the ending, but there were some wonderfully funny lines and situations along the way.  This was a last minute thing, but it worked best with my schedule and worked for my friend Angelique as well.


Sunday night, I went with my friend Brian to see Newsies at the Pantageous Theater.  I’ve become a fan of the movie, and was looking forward to seeing the play based on it.  They certainly made some changes from the movie, but I liked it.  It made me want to watch the movie again, which I haven’t gotten a chance to do – yet.  But I will soon, I hope.

No comments: