Wednesday, April 22, 2015

LA Times Festival of Books 2015

This last weekend was the LA Times Festival of Books for the year.  It was a nice sunny weekend, a little hot on Saturday, but it was beginning to cool off Sunday afternoon.

Unfortunately, this year, I went by myself.  Angelique couldn’t make it, which was a bummer.  But I still had a good time.  Plus I got to meet up with a fellow book blogger before everything started on Saturday.  We had fun chatting about our shared interest in books and blogging about them.

The rest of the weekend was spent wandering back and forth between the two favorite areas, the kid’s area and the mystery area.  I spent time talking to various authors and got some signatures.  I actually went to two of the panels that were on the middle grade/young adult stage and enjoyed both of them enough to buy the books by the various authors.

Normally, the crowds seem bigger on Saturday, but this year, it was the exact opposite.  Attendance was light on Saturday but there were a lot more people on Sunday.  I guess any big names they had were there on Sunday.  Personally, I had fun both days.

No comments: